Iridium 9523 Transceiver
Iridium Core 9523 is Iridium's smallest, lightest and most advanced voice and data satellite transceiver module ever, enabling simplified global voice and data connectivity through the world's furthest reaching network.
For volume purchase pricing please contact us.
From single or multi channel communication platforms for maritime, aviation and land mobile markets to highly capable, feature-enhanced handheld smart devices and unattended sensors, the Iridium Core 9523 module delivers cost effective satellite voice and data communications.
Iridium Core 9523 supports all Iridium voice and data services. It delivers the capability needed to develop innovative communications devices, and the technology backbone for applications such as GPS and location-based services, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Iridium Core 9523 features standardized connectors, simplified PCB integration and ultra compact form factor. Partners can easily mount Iridium Core 9523 directly onto their application board - enabling optimization through shared components and power sources.
• Pole-to-pole global coverage
• Ultra compact form factor
• Single-board transceiver
• Standardized connectors
• Voice, Circuit Switched Data and RUDICS
• Short Burst Data (SBD) capable
• Direct PCB integration
• FCC, Industry Canada, and CE approval*
* For applications using an antenna with a gain of up to 3dbi.
Dimensions & Weight
• Dimensions: 70.44 x 36.04 x 14.6 mm
• Weight: 32g
• Iridium Voice, SMS, Circuit Switched Data and RUDICS
• Maximum mobile originated SBD message size 1960
• Maximum mobile terminated SBD message size 1890
• Operating Temp: -30ºC to + 70ºC
• Operating Humidity: ≤ 75% RH
• Storage Temp: -40ºC to + 85ºC
• Storage Humidity: ≤ 93 % RH
• Frequency Range: 1616 MHz to 1626.5 MHz
• Duplexing Method: TDD (Time Domain Duplex)
• Multiplexing Method: TDMA/FDMA
• Input/Output Impedance: 50 Ω
DC Power Input
VBAT Power Input Specifications
• Nominal Voltage: +3.7 V
• Voltage Limits: +3.2 V to +6 V
• Maximal Current: 500 mA
• VBAT Typical Current at Nominal: +3.7 V
• Standby Current: 70 mA
• Peak Current during Call: 300 mA
• Average Current during Call: 110 mA
VBOOST Power Input
• Nominal Voltage: +27 V
• Absolute Maximal Voltage: +35 V
• Maximal Recommended Voltage: +32 V
• Minimal Voltage during Call Transmit Burst: +10.5 V
• Maximal Current: 1 A
VBOOST Power Consumption
• Typical Average Power during Call: 2.3 W
• Maximal Average Power during Call: 3.1 W
What's in the Box
• Iridium 9523 Transceiver